Tuesday 14 July 2009

Awaiting my new kitchen toy

Over the weekend I ordered a halogen oven from a TV shopping channel. I've been tempted by this every time I've seen it and finally decided to take the plunge. Since ordering it I've done a bit of searching online and haven't been able to find many recipes for this particular kitchen gadget, so I decided to start creating some of my own. Although I wouldn't consider myself a great cook, I am capable of following and/or adapting a recipe created by someone else, so I've spent this evening ploughing through my bazillion cookbooks and now have a list of recipes to try once my new toy arrives.

I will then do my best to post my own versions of these recipes as cooked in the halogen oven with, I hope, photos if I remember to take them.

Most of the recipes will be designed to serve one or two people. This is because:-

1. about 99% of the cooking I do is just for myself and/or DH, due to shift working; and

2. it appears from reviews of the various models of halogen ovens that the majority of people who buy one, buy it because they don't like having to pre-heat their normal oven to cook something just for one or two people.

I probably won't be cooking anything particularly fancy. I bought this oven to cook day to day food, from ordinary ingredients easily available at the supermarket.

Julie

1 comment:

  1. Oven service in dubai
    https://www.hometech.ae/service/oven-service/
    UAEs Authorized Major brand Oven Service in Dubai, On-Demand experienced professionals for oven service in Dubai.
    1633083588567-8

    ReplyDelete